The McCall Area Chamber works with local businesses, citizen groups and the city governments of McCall and outlying communities to promote the McCall area with the goal of driving traffic up our major highways and into our cities.
The Chamber is funded through membership dues (which cover the cost of maintaining a storefront and staffing) and grants and event fundraising, both of which are used solely for marketing to grow tourism in our area.
As a Chamber member, you are provided with opportunities to:+
- Promote your business in our Visitor’s Center and enjoy preferred referrals to visitors.
- Advertise specials and promotions on your individual member page at mccallchamber.org. These are also searchable in the overall community event calendar. A great way to spread the word! Our website is accessed by over 600,000 unique visitors annually.
- Benefit from the tourism marketing efforts made by the Chamber using grant funding from the State of Idaho including participation in available co-op advertising opportunities.
- Participation in Chamber events such as Business After Hours, Winter Carnival and the Fourth of July.
- Inclusion in the printed “Pocket Directory” which is distributed throughout the area as a resource for visitors. 25,000 copies are distributed annually.
- Participation in educational and leadership programming coordinated for Chamber members.
How We Promote the Area:+
- Television, print and digital advertising in the Boise Valley and Tri-Cities areas focusing on summer, winter and fall activities and events.
- Media pitching and networking to share the stories of McCall.
- Grow the McCall Chamber website as a both a travel planning tool and area resource guide promoting our member businesses.
- Use social media to start a conversation (and keep it going!) with our audience.
- Brand McCall as a travel destination with the core messaging, “The Perfect Temperature.”
- Attend trade shows to promote specific areas of McCall including skiing, snowmobiling, golf and mountain biking.
- Host and coordinate 3 large annual events with the goal of attracting overnight visitors to the area. Events include the Winter Carnival, Fourth of July and Festival of Trees.
- Provide co-op advertising opportunities to our members to help mitigate the high cost associated with large-scale advertising. This enables our businesses to form partnerships and extend our advertising dollars to gain larger reach.
- Our Visitor’s Center serves as a touch point to over 10,000 visitors to the area (not including the 5,000+ phone calls the Chamber office also fields each year). Here we can serve two purposes: aid visitors in maximizing their McCall experience and helping to promote our Chamber members.